Menorca is not well known or recognised as a MICE destination, but it has a great deal of potential and incentives to organise all kinds of meetings and events.
The scenery and beaches of this beautiful Mediterranean island, declared a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, still maintain their natural beauty. The climate is perfect for a visit at any time of year and for organising outdoor events or arranging to finish off a work session with a coffee break, cocktail or event closure on a terrace with fabulous views.
In this article we will provide you with 12 reasons to choose Menorca when organising your next meeting or corporate event.
As well as the climate and surroundings, Menorca also has great infrastructure available to be able to host meetings and conferences. There are at least 25 four and five-star hotels, and many of them provide function rooms with natural light, equipped with the latest technology, beautiful views and outdoor areas suitable for organising all types of events. Despite Menorca not being at the ‘top of mind’ for the MICE segment professionals, in the last few years it has dedicated more resources in order to attract this type of tourism.
A clear example of this is the attendance at various fairs by the Foundation for the Promotion of Tourism in Menorca, such as the IBTM World, one of the most important fairs at global level for meetings, conferences, incentive trips and events tourism.
Image: meeting room at the hotel Barceló Hamilton Menorca
Different fam trips have also been arranged with tour operators and travel agents from large agencies so that they can get to know the destination and then encourage the creation of routes, flights and tourism promotion in other countries with the potential to generate greater tourist traffic, whether holiday orientated or for business trips.
12 reasons to organise your next meeting in Menorca
1. Menorca is only a 2-hour flight from major European capital cities.
2. The airport is an international one and is located at less than 5km from the city centre.
3. There are ferry connections to Barcelona, Valencia and Alicante.
4. The climate, with 2700 hours of sunshine per year.
5. It is a World Biosphere Reserve (UNESCO); the scenery and beaches maintaining their natural beauty.
6. Complementary activities for meetings or incentives on offer: sailing, diving, fishing, golf or hiking.
7. Local celebrations such as those at Ciutadella are an added attraction.
8. Possibility to visit historical and culutral sites and the talayot monuments.
9. Delicious cuisine with typical local produce such as the famous Mahon cheese, locally caught fish and dishes with a British influence.
10. A good selection of quality hotels to choose from, perfect for business trips.
11. Event venues with natural light, privileged locations and beautiful views.
12. During the months popular for conference and meetings activity, it is low mid-season on the island and therefore it is not overly busy with holidaymakers.
If we have managed to convince you and you are interested in organising your next meeting in Menorca, we have this suggestion: Promoción MICE Menorca